Cave of Fontrabiouse
Our team has selected for you cave Fontrabiouse. Although located outside the perimeter of traditional tours we usually recommend, this site deserves a "break" outside the country Narbonne. For all nature lovers who have been seduced by the discovery of caves or abyss Limousis Cabrespine, we invite them to see The Cave Frontrabiouse ...
Located 1200 meters above sea level on the border of the Catalan region and the Pays Cathar this cave, invites you to discover a unique underground environment and perfectly preserved. A comfortable two-level, can walk without fatigue. The temperature is constant, whether you visit in cold weather, a rainy day or in hot weather it will change nothing. A small enough wool to make your visit enjoyable.
Discovered accidentally in 1958 thanks to the exploitation of a marble quarry, the cave of Fontrabiouse remain long the playground of cavers, it is open to the public in 1983. This magnificent cavity perfectly preserved, is now the happiness of the greatest as the smallest with a journey of nearly a kilometer flowing through several rooms richly decorated.
• Open 5 December to the last day of the November half-term holidays.
• December, January, February, March: tours at 10.30am/11.30am/2.30pm/3.30pm/4.30pm
• April, May, June, September: tours at 10.30am/11.30am/2.30pm/3.30pm/4.30pm/5.30pm
• October, November: tours at 2.30pm/3.30pm/4.30pm.
• July, August: 10.00am to 6.00pm non-stop
• From Perpignan, direction Mont Louis
• From Carcassonne, direction Quillan / Font Romeu.